[xcvb-devel] XCVB .494, now with CL_SOURCE_REGISTRY

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Sat Apr 3 18:44:29 UTC 2010

I haven't been publicly committing for two months, because I started a
refactoring and broke everything, and it took me some time to clean
things up.

The refactoring is about having a layer of "virtual-pathnames" between
the graph model and the actual pathnames. I would have used logical
pathnames if they weren't completely non-portable, with SBCL strictly
enforcing the CLHS restrictions. It was just a preparation for future
changes, but it was painful. Other minor bugs have been fixed.

Another big change is that XCVB now relies on the latest ASDF 1.663
and associated cl-launch 2.902, and shares the same new mechanism for
locating source trees. Goodbye XCVB_PATH, hello CL_SOURCE_REGISTRY!

It passes the regression test. Yay for regression testing!

If you could make a programming language where programmers could write in
english, you'd find that most people can't write english.
    — "Masoud Pirnazar" <amp.xnospam at apptek.com> on comp.lang.lisp 2001-10-12