[hunchentoot-devel] 404 (page not found) leads to 500 (internal server error)

rm at seid-online.de rm at seid-online.de
Sun Mar 31 10:40:09 UTC 2013

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 09:07:53AM +0000, Sebastian Tennant wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> While investigating the effect of subclassing ACCEPTOR-STATUS-MESSAGE, I came
> across this behaviour:

[...]
> I've set TBNL:*CATCH-ERRORS-P* to NIL so that you drop into the debugger.  This
> shows that the call (START-OUTPUT 404 ...) results in a (LENGTH 404) call,
> which is what fails, but it's not obvious (at least not to me) where this
> LENGTH call is coming from.

Does this error message really come from the code you posted?
Your code works fine over here (hunchentoot from the latest quicklisp).
BTW, what you mean with "subclassing ACCEPTOR-STATUS-MESSAGE" ?
Isn't acceptor-status-message a generic function?
It almost sounds as if your (?) version of a-s-m returns the
http-status-code instead of an error message.

 Cheers, Ralf Mattes