[hunchentoot-devel] Using Hunchentoot with Ubuntu 10.04

Faré fahree at gmail.com
Mon May 9 15:56:57 UTC 2011

2011/5/9 François Vallée <vallee at labri.fr>:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to use Hunchentoot but every time I start a server I have
> the following error: 'connexion was reinitialized' every time. I tried
> to get some information with telnet but I have the message: 'Connection
> closed by foreign host'.
>
> It was working on my computer before I upgraded it from Ubuntu 9.04 to
> 10.04. It is very annoying and I do not know what to do.
> (I upgraded my version of SBCL from 1.0.40 to 1.0.48 but it does not
> change anything.)
>

> Configuration :
>
> Ubuntu 10.04
> Intel Core 2 Duo 64 2.66GHz
> SBCL 1.0.48
> Hunchentoot 1.1.1

Sounds like a firewall problem. Does your new Ubuntu include some firewall?

Note: you can use lsof (as root) and/or peek in /proc/$pid/fd/ to
double check whether your process is listening to some port. If it
isn't, then it's a problem with Hunchentoot. If it is, then it's
probably a problem with your firewall.

Firewall configuration is out of the scope of this mailing-list.

Wishing without work is like fishing without bait.
	— Frank Tyger