[hunchentoot-devel] Hunchentoot examples aren't working for me

JTK jetmonk at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 23:34:46 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm on a 10.6 mac, running sbcl and ccl/openmcl inside slime.

I tried installing the latest svn hunchetoot from bknr-svn, replacing my
old version of h'toot and the supporting libraries with the whole tree.

Then I followed the instructions for the example server:

(hunchentoot:start (make-instance 'hunchentoot:acceptor :port 4242))

(hunchentoot:define-easy-handler  (say-yo :uri "/yo") (name)
  (setf (hunchentoot:content-type*) "text/plain")
  (format nil "Hey~@[ ~A~]!" name))

==> SAY-YO

Now the main page http://127.0.0.1:4242/ is OK - I see 'Welcome' and the doc tree.

But http://127.0.0.1:4242/yo gives "Resource /yo not found"

Similarly, (asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op :hunchentoot-test) loads
But http://127.0.0.1:4242/hunchentoot/test give 'resource not found.'

Is there anything obvious that I'm doing wrong?

(Also, for some reason sbcl didn't like the fact that babel didn't have the  positive-fixnum type
defined, so I defined it.  CCL was OK with babel as it was.)

Thanks,
John Klein