[hunchentoot-devel] Upcoming Hunchentoot release - Web design wanted

Hans Hübner hans.huebner at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 11:50:38 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 11:40 AM, Hans Hübner <hans.huebner at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 10:55 AM, Andrey Moskvitin <archimag at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2. Do not set content-type to "text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"
>
> That is right.  I am going to fix this, but while looking at the
> problem, I found that Hunchentoot is not currently smart about the
> content type that it generates.  I think that the content type should
> automatically match the external format, and that it should default to
> utf-8 instead of latin-1.  I'm going to address that in a separate
> commit.

http://bknr.net/trac/changeset/4655 corrects this problem.
Hunchentoot now determines the charset= attribute in text content type
headers automatically when a handler returned a string.  The content
type is not touched when the handler directly writes to the stream or
returns octets for Hunchentoot to send.

Please let me know if there are any problems with this change.

-Hans