[hunchentoot-devel] socket-connector and ssl-socket-connector?

Cyrus Harmon ch-tbnl at bobobeach.com
Mon Apr 18 14:56:00 UTC 2011

Hi Hans,

Well, that's a good question. I think the idea is that someone could both extend ACCEPTOR (and TASKMASTER) (a fancy epoll-using ACCEPTOR perhaps?) and still have said ACCEPTOR-subclass useable with SSL without subclassing. I like the idea of composing in the SSL-based socket functionality at runtime without subclassing -- at least I liked it enough to try out the approach. I'm not certain this is the best approach, but it looked reasonable enough to try it out and it seems to work. If the consensus is that this isn't a good approach, I can live with that.

As for the DISPATCHER / REQUEST-HANDLER, sure I'm happy to see it renamed to REQUEST-HANDLER.

I think a SERVER class that holds one or more acceptors would be a fine thing. I seem to end up coding something like that by hand when I need it (the ability to do so should remain, of course) but it would be nice to have a standard way to wrap those servers as I think that's a pretty common use case.

And, yes, I think a way of associating multiple request handlers with acceptors would be a good thing. I guess the question is should the ACCEPTOR do that or should we delegate to something like a DISPATCHER which would call each REQUEST-HANDLER?

Thanks for taking a look at my patches.

Cyrus