[hunchentoot-devel] Trouble with finish-output in process-connection

Hans Hübner hans.huebner at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 08:17:56 UTC 2011

Hi Ilya,

please Cc the list in all emails concerning Hunchentoot.  Reply below.

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 10:14 AM, Ilya Perminov <iperminov at dwavesys.com> wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> Why is CLOSE always called with :ABORT T? It seems to me it is only
> necessary when an IO error occurs and the connection have to be dropped.
> If it is possible to change the code to use CLOSE without :ABORT T in
> normal cases, it will be completely safe to use FORCE-OUTPUT inside of
> the loop. I am not sure the change will resolve the "hanging in
> FINISH-OUTPUT" problem, but it will make debugging easier.

Ah, now I see what  you mean.  I will look at the code to find out why
:ABORT is used later, but I suspect that there is no good reason to do
that in non-error cases.

> It would be really useful to find a simple way to reproduce the "hanging
> in FINISH-OUTPUT" problem. If it is a SBCL bug, getting it fixed in SBCL
> will be better than implementing a workaround.

I agree with both points made.  If there is a suitable workaround for
older SBCL versions, it'd be even better.

-Hans