[hunchentoot-devel] Little Patch to set no_log option like Apache.

Pocket poketo7878 at yahoo.co.jp
Thu Nov 25 11:51:13 UTC 2010

  Thank you for your advice Hans.

>   Also consider providing a more realistic name for
> yourself so that it is easier to recognize you as a person.

Sorry for unreadable my name, because I'm Japanese so my name is Chinese
character.
And I forgot fix my name.

I rewrite some of my code. And I make new-patch in one file.
And I add some text in doc/index.xml.

Explain about my patch:
      Apache has feature to setup about which request will not to be
write to log.
For example. If I write in httpd.conf(Apache's configuration file) like
this:

     SetEnvIf Remote_Addr 192.168. no_log

Then request from local will not to be write to log.
This option is useful to setup sort-out important log.

So I port this feature to hunchentoot. And I add functions and
special-variable.

<functions>
create-request-remote-addr*-matcher
create-request-user-agent-matcher
create-request-script-name*-matcher
</functions>

<special-variable>
*no-log-request-matchers*
</special-variable>

With this patch you can set up no_log option with request's remote-addr*
user-agent and script-name.
Like this:
(push (create-request-remote-addr*-matcher "127.0.0.1")
*no-log-request-matchers*) ;; no_log from own pc.
(push (create-request-user-agent-matcher "iPhone")
*no-log-request-matchers*) ;; no_log from iPhone browser.
(push (create-request-user-agent-matcher "/images")
*no-log-request-matchers*) ;; no_log for uri which contain "/images".

I tested on my web-server and my iPhone. And works fine.