[hunchentoot-devel] Windows domain login

Andrey Moskvitin archimag at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 13:27:29 UTC 2010

> How can I discover windows domain login of the user accessing web app on
> intranet? I run clozure cl on windows. Has anybody done this? I don't want
> to authenticate because users are used to single sign-on and transparent
> access.

I use Hunchentoot + Apache + mod_auth_kerb for transparent authentication
of users. Here is a template config for Apache:

<VirtualHost *:80>
    ServerName myserver

    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond %{LA-U:REMOTE_USER} (.+)
    RewriteRule . - [E=RU:%1]
    RequestHeader set REMOTE-USER %{RU}e

    ProxyPass / http://hunchentoot-server:port/

    <Location />
        AuthType  Kerberos
        KrbAuthRealms MYDOAIN
        KrbServiceName HTTP/myservicename
        Krb5Keytab /path/to/keytab

        require valid-user

        Allow from all
        Deny from all
    </Location>
</VirtualHost>

See documentation on mod_auth_kerb for details.

Now the user login can be calculated as follows:

    (hunchentoot:header-in* :remote-user)

Andrey