[hunchentoot-devel] Constructing development and production environments

Sebastian Tennant sebyte at smolny.plus.com
Thu Sep 24 10:37:56 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'd like to instantiate two acceptors that use the standard log functions
(LOG-MESSAGE-TO-FILE & LOG-ACCESS-TO-FILE) but with different values of
*access-log-pathname* and *message-log-pathname* for each acceptor.

One way is to define two (cloned) log functions with hardcoded pathnames and
pass these log functions to MAKE-INSTANCE when instantiating each acceptor, but
I'm wondering if there isn't a better (more Lispy) way to do it?

I'd also welcome any advice/tips/pointers/suggestions people may have regarding
how best to construct development and production environments within a single
Hunchentoot process.  Unfortunately my server is very low-powered and I don't
have the resources to run two Hunchentoot processes.

Regards,

Sebastian
--
Emacs' AlsaPlayer - Music Without Jolts
Lightweight, full-featured and mindful of your idyllic happiness.