[hunchentoot-devel] question about the url of the request

Hans Hübner hans.huebner at gmail.com
Mon Sep 7 20:19:59 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 21:59, Mackram Raydan<mackram at gmail.com> wrote:

> so i was working on my website and i noticed something peculiar in the
> documentation of hunchentoot that i thought i should probably ask about. As
> i understand hunchentoot has a function called get-uri* which returns the
> full uri including the query (the thing after the ?) and also has a function
> called get-query which returns the string that is after the ?. So my
> question is, is there a function that returns the url without the query
> string so that i can use my own dispatchers or should i use string
> manipulation?

You should use the SCRIPT-NAME function.  It has its name from its CGI
heritage.  We discussed whether we want to get rid of all those CGI
names and use more intuitive ones at some point, but then decided that
this would be too intrusive a change.

> Also a side question not related to hunchentoot but that which i would
> greatly appreciate an anser too, does anyone know of some library that offer
> mail server ability in lisp or maybe just can recieve emails and offer them
> for processing (i currently use a modified version of cl-smtp by bknr to
> send emails.)

I have successfully handled incoming emails with imap, using both the
mel-base and Franz' own imap libraries.  Using imap has the advantage
that an existing email infrastructure can be used, which is also its
disadvantage.  Franz has published an open source smtp server, too,
which can propably be made to run using the acl-compat library if you
feel that a real mail server would serve you better.

See http://github.com/franzinc for Franz' open source offerings,
http://www.cliki.net/ACL-COMPAT for the Allegro CL compatibility
library acl-compat, and http://common-lisp.net/project/mel-base/ for
the mel-base project.