[hunchentoot-devel] Recursive lock when logging

Slawek Zak slawek.zak at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 18:48:13 UTC 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 9:32 PM, Hans Hübner <hans.huebner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Slawek,
>
> I think that noone currently supports or tests Hunchentoot on Allegro
> CL.  Its primary platforms are Lispworks, SBCL and Clozure CL.  There
> are ports to other free CL implementations (ECL, CLISP), but I don't
> know how well they work.

Yeah, but I use ACL for AllegroCache goodness too, so can't switch my
lisp that easily. As a second thought - isn't Lisp beautiful? Noone
tests on ACL but for the most part Hunchentoot works just fine on it
despite large code base and all the dependencies :)

> If you are looking for a CL web server and want to use Allegro CL,
> consider using Allegroserve.  It is included with Allegro CL and fully
> supported by Franz Inc.

I've been a long-time user of Allegroserve, but still find Hunchentoot
code clearer and more compelling.

> If you still want to use Hunchentoot, you'll have to do some debugging
> work yourself.  The locking problem that you described should be
> relatively simple to solve (but looking at the stack backtrace would
> be illuminating, use :zoom to see the backtrace).  The segmentation
> fault that you've seen will be harder to debug.  One you got it
> running, please send patches after having read
> http://weitz.de/patches.html

I sure will do that. There is another issue w/ handle-static-file that
I've found today. Will tackle it as well.

Thanks Hans!, /S