[hunchentoot-devel] Recursive lock when logging

Peter Seibel peter at gigamonkeys.com
Sun Nov 22 20:41:32 UTC 2009

I used to use it on Allegro; I don't think it should be too hard to
get going. As to the segfaults, Allegro does that from time to time
but it almost always turns out to be the result of some fairly stupid
error involving passing an object of the wrong type into some thing
that somehow dodges the normal type checks. (I realize that's pretty
vague but I've had segfaults and then eventually realized I was doing
something stupid and they went away.) You should certainly be able to
bug Franz support about the segfault. My guess, in this case, is it
has something to do with the streams, what SLIME is doing vs. what
Allegro is expecting.

-Peter

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 12:32 PM, Hans Hübner <hans.huebner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Slawek,
>
> I think that noone currently supports or tests Hunchentoot on Allegro
> CL.  Its primary platforms are Lispworks, SBCL and Clozure CL.  There
> are ports to other free CL implementations (ECL, CLISP), but I don't
> know how well they work.
>
> If you are looking for a CL web server and want to use Allegro CL,
> consider using Allegroserve.  It is included with Allegro CL and fully
> supported by Franz Inc.
>
> If you still want to use Hunchentoot, you'll have to do some debugging
> work yourself.  The locking problem that you described should be
> relatively simple to solve (but looking at the stack backtrace would
> be illuminating, use :zoom to see the backtrace).  The segmentation
> fault that you've seen will be harder to debug.  One you got it
> running, please send patches after having read
> http://weitz.de/patches.html
>
> Cheers,
> Hans

Peter Seibel