[hunchentoot-devel] Anyone running Hunchentoot on an OpenBSD server? - final report

Jeff Cunningham j.k.cunningham at comcast.net
Mon Nov 16 00:55:59 UTC 2009

Bill St. Clair wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 7:22 PM, Jeff Cunningham
> <j.k.cunningham at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Bill St. Clair wrote:
>>
>>> Or you could try Clozure Common Lisp (CCL) on OpenBSD. CCL and
>>> multi-threaded Hunchentoot are known to work on FreeBSD, but none of
>>> us at Clozure has an OpenBSD machine to try it on.
>>>
>>> -Bill
>>>

>> Can CCL generate executable images?

I just grabbed latest snapshot through subversion and tried the binary
and it failed, so apparently it isn't compatible with OpenBSD.  I tried
both the lx86cl64 and lx86cl versions (can't tell if this remote machine
is 64-bit or not, it doesn't have /proc/cpu-info mounted and that's the
only way I know to find out). I don't have root priviledges so there's
not much else I can try that I know of. Is there a way to build it from
scratch? Or do you have to start with the binary?

We should probably take this off list - its getting off topic.

--Jeff