[hunchentoot-devel] create-folder-dispatcher-and-handler and pathname-name & pathname-type

Frode V. Fjeld frode at netfonds.no
Mon Nov 9 14:48:06 UTC 2009

Hi, I'm rather new to both hunchentoot and lispworks, so please bear
with me.

It seems to me that the function create-folder-dispatcher-and-handler
uses the test (or (pathname-name base-path) (pathname-type base-path))
to see if base-path is indeed a directory. This fails on my system
because both pathname accessors return :UNSPECIFIC, where base-path
indeed names a directory.

TBNL> (values (lisp-implementation-type) (lisp-implementation-version))
"LispWorks"
"5.1.2"

Funny thing is, when I do e.g. (pathname-name #p"/foo/bar") at the REPL,
NIL is returned, where #p"/foo/bar" is cut'n'pasted from the error I get
from hunchentoot. I had to modify the hunchentoot code to print the
results from pathname-name to see that :UNSPECIFIC was returned.

--
Frode V. Fjeld