[hunchentoot-devel] redirect problems

Larry Clapp larry at theclapp.org
Thu May 7 16:33:32 UTC 2009

On Thu, May 07, 2009 at 12:05:18PM +0100, Tiarnan O'Corrain wrote:
> I have a login form on the front page of a site that uses (say) /login.html
> as its 'action'.  Login.html just looks at the post parameters, tries to log
> the user in, and redirects to the front page, which should then display user
> specific information.
>
> However, the front page displays the old login form, and requires a refresh
> to pick up the new information.
>
> Ditto with logout, which shows the user information until the page is
> refreshed.
>
> I'm using hunchentoot:redirect with the URL, and can't figure out why this
> isn't working.

I *think* I encountered a similar problem with submitting a form
multiple times when reloading the page.  Try this:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/665399/how-do-i-stop-the-back-and-refresh-buttons-from-resubmitting-my-form;
see also this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post/Redirect/Get, and the
various external links there.

HTH.