[hunchentoot-devel] Maximum Request Size

Ala'a (cmo-0) amalawi at gmail.com
Thu Jan 29 21:15:31 UTC 2009

> What is the plan for the git repository?  Why is it needed, what makes
> it useful?

i find the following feature helpful (YMMV)

http://github.com/guides/pull-requests

it will be a helpful tool of using git to allow for easy forks and
experimentation and easy cherry pick any changes made by other forks.

cmo-0

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 11:27 PM, Hans Hübner <hans.huebner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> bknr.net was temporarily down due to a power failure at the data
> center.  The machine is back up now.

  I'm aware of the "centralized maintenance" "problem" of
> [...]
>>
>> Currently the BKNR repository is down, but once it gets back up I would like
>> to set up a git repository of flexi-streams, hunchentoot, chunga, and drakma
>> and I invite anyone that wishes to help contribute to this effort.
>>
>> I am most interested in figuring out and testing the performance
>> characteristics of the libraries with respects to threading/non-threading,
>> select/epoll, and proxy/no-proxy on SBCL and am most willing to put in the
>> time and effort to develop and test these different scenarios.
>>
>> Thanks to everyone.
>>
>> Peace,
>> Will
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 7:52 AM, Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> wrote:

>>> Volkan,
>>>
>>> If you think you're somehow entitled to an immediate reply or any
>>> action from me just because you sent a patch that is "not well tested"
>>> and "doesn't include any documentation", you're obviously living on a
>>> different planet or at least you don't know what it means to have a
>>> job and a family in addition to taking care of more than a dozen open
>>> source libraries in your spare time.  I might look at these patches if
>>> and when I find the time to work on Hunchentoot again or I might not.
>>> If that's not acceptable to you, the license on all of my libs always
>>> allows you to fork them and basically do with them whatever you want.
>>>
>>> For those of you who wonder why Hunchentoot and some other libraries
>>> have been in limbo for quite some time now, here's a quick
>>> explanation: A company paid Hans to make a couple of additions to
>>> Hunchentoot which are now in the bknr.net repository.  I also worked
>>> on this a bit in my spare time and added some code, mainly for
>>> performance improvements.  The good thing is that due to Hans' work
>>> the development version is much improved in several aspects over the
>>> current release.  The bad thing is that due to Hans' and my changes
>>> the dev versions of Hunchentoot, Chunga, and Drakma have to be
>>> released together, because they are mutually incompatible with the
>>> released versions.  And, for them to become acceptable (for me)
>>> release versions, there's a certain amount of clean-up and
>>> documentation needed that still has to be done.
>>>
>>> Now, the deal with the afore-mentioned company was that they would pay
>>> Hans and me to do this clean-up and integration work so that we once
>>> again have "official" release versions that are feature-wise in sync
>>> with the current dev versions.  This hasn't happened so far, and right
>>> now I fail to see why I should spend a significant amount of my spare
>>> time to do this clean-up work when I have more interesting things to
>>> do.  /Maybe/, this will happen in the future (paid or unpaid), or
>>> maybe there'll at some point just be another Hunchentoot release based
>>> on 0.15.7 and the dev changes will be lost.  Until then, I think the
>>> current release isn't perfect, but certainly something that can be
>>> used (and is used) without significant problems.

It does not matter how fast your code is, if it does not work!