[hunchentoot-devel] hunchentoot errors

Harrison Maseko lispmr at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 11:11:54 UTC 2009

Hi all,
I just installed Hunchentoot 1.0.0. When I do (hunchentoot:start
(make-instance 'hunchentoot:acceptor :port 4242)) I get the following error:

There is no applicable method for the generic function

#<STANDARD-GENERIC-FUNCTION HUNCHENTOOT:START-LISTENING (0)>

when called with arguments

(#<HUNCHENTOOT:ACCEPTOR (host *, port 4242)>).

[Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

0: [DEFAULT-DEBUGGER] Use default debugger.

1: [ABORT] Return to SLIME's top level.

2: [CLOSE-CONNECTION] Close SLIME connection

3: [ABORT] Exit debugger, returning to top level.

I don't understand this message and other similar errors that come up when I
try to run the examples in the Hunchentoot documentation. I am a Lisp newbie
running SBCL 1.0.6 via Cusp on Vista. Can you help?

Harrison.