[hunchentoot-devel] Controlling file uploads with hunchentoot

Hans Hübner hans.huebner at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 07:43:26 UTC 2009

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 21:56, Semion Prihodko <semion.ababo at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have the folowing question. Is there a posibility to check
> multipat/form-data request format before uploading files? I would like to
> write request handler which can check name and MIME of next file to be
> uploaded to have a possibility to abort request processing without wasting
> server resources while uploding huge files.

Hunchentoot uses the rfc2388 library, which does not provide hooks
beyond the MAKE-TMP-FILE-NAME function which is called when a file is
being uploaded, to determine its filename.  I have been wanting more
customizability in the past, but we've never made that happen because
we thought that we'd replace the rfc2388 library eventually.  This has
not happened, and it may not happen soon.

What exactly are you looking for, though?  Do you want to decide
whether to accept an upload by looking at the file name or the
multipart header?  Or do you want to inspect the uploaded data while
uploading?

-Hans