[hunchentoot-devel] Using Hunchentoot and cl-who with other people (non-coders)

Rohan Nicholls rohan.nicholls at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 1 13:37:50 UTC 2009

Having looked around at the options listed so far, I would have to say
HTML-TEMPLATE is looking like your best bet, as it is not going to
make a horrible mess in dreamweaver.  It looks a little verbose, but
that should help keep as much of the logic out of the html and in the
code as possible.

cl-emb might be able to handle the <% %> tags as a recent version
seems familiar with server-side tags, but the thing I hate about these
systems is that you end up with a big fat mess that cannot be seen
properly, and embedding the language in the html leads to madness, I
have been down that road, and have never been the same. :)

cl-who is definitely NOT what you want to be working with, it will not
allow for an easy back and forth between the two of you.  I like
cl-who for my own stuff but it is completely unfriendly to projects
where you have a division of skills.

I have never found the ideal way to handle this, plone templates come
close, because they embed everything in tags, and extend the xhtml
namespace, very nice, but you pay with a sacrifice if power.
Personally I like cl-who but would never want to work with a
visual/web designer with it.

My 2 cents, I hope it helps. ;)

Rohan

P.S. I think the xslt idea is neat (despite my aversion to xslt
itself), but will not help your situation.