[hunchentoot-devel] Fwd: hunchentoot session hijacking

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Sun Oct 26 04:48:28 UTC 2008

on Friday, October 24, 2008, 1:43:18 PM Hans wrote:

> So, if you feel that this is something that needs to be addressed, can
> you provide us with a patch, either to the source code or to the
> documentation?  A documentation patch could consist of a short summary
> of your security analysis and a description how the concerned user can
> make the server more secure.

Hi.

My suggestion is in the patch attached. It introduces new variable
*session-secretizer* which is supposed to be set by the concerned user
to some secret value. *session-secretizer* is used as a part of
*session-secret*. If it is not set, *session-secret* is generated as
before, but a WARN is issued.

Perhaps *session-secretizer* is a stupid name, but I was not able to
contrive anything better, taking into account that *session-secret*
is already busy.

Also attached is a small patch to cl+ssl in your repository that
makes it compilable on sbcl win32.

Best regards,
- Anton