[hunchentoot-devel] as-keyword and other utility functions

Cyrus Harmon ch-tbnl at bobobeach.com
Thu May 29 23:22:44 UTC 2008

On May 29, 2008, at 3:15 PM, Edi Weitz wrote:

> On Thu, 29 May 2008 14:20:36 -0700, Cyrus Harmon <ch-tbnl at bobobeach.com
> > wrote:
>
>> I see that in some of my code I was relying on hunchentoot::make-
>> keyword, which has now gone away.
>
> Hey, it wasn't exported, so you knew what to expect... :)

Fair enough...

>> But there is as-keyword and there is chunga::make-keyword. And
>> there's, of course, alexandria:make-keyword, if I want to use
>> that. It's a trivial function, but would it make sense to take
>> things like with-unique-names, make-keyword, etc... and put it in
>> some sort of ediware-utilities package?
>>
>> It's a trivial issue in this case, but I figured I'd bring it up for
>> handy and less-trivial things like with-rebinding, etc...
>
> This is on my long list of things to do, but it has a fairly low
> priority.  I will probably switch some of my libs to Alexandria at
> some point, but certainly not before the "Initial release [...] is yet
> to happen" line has vanished from their website.

Ok, seems like it would be a pretty low-effort thing to get started on
and slowly pull things from each package as things progress. Of course
that's easy for me to say as I'm not actually offering to do the "low-
effort" work.

> AS-KEYWORD in Chunga/Hunchentoot/Drakma is a special case, though, as
> it includes special treatment for a few fixed values that'll be the
> arguments to this function in 99.9% of all cases.

Right. This change just brought things to my attention.

On a related note, it would be nice if there were some logs for the
changes for the new branch. It looks like the old one has gone away.
Don't get me wrong, the svn repo is a big improvement, but now *meta-
dispatcher* seems to have disappeared and I don't see any commitlogs,
README/ChangeLog notes about this, etc... Would be nice to know what's
going on in the branch. Hope I don't sound too whiny; I'm not trying
to complain, but rather to gently make my wishes heard and I greatly
appreciate the direction in which things are moving.

Thanks again,

Cyrus