[hunchentoot-devel] Using multiple Hunchentoot-Requests in one thread

css css at swissjabber.ch
Thu May 29 16:23:20 UTC 2008

2008/5/29 Hans Hübner <hans at huebner.org>:
> It would in fact be possible to use a specialized connection manager
> subclass that implements listen-for-connections so that it uses some
> form of select() to not only wait for new connections arriving, but
> also for data coming in on one of the current client sockets.  I have
> not fully thought this through, but I am interested in supporting this
> mode of operation - Not only because the client that I work for wants
> persistent connections (which we can't currently support in single
> threaded mode), but also because the deployment problem that you
> describe hit me in the past as well.  Having a Lisp that can run
> Hunchentoot on a small virtual Linux or even a shared web host would
> be very nice.
>
> I will be discussing this with Edi next week, and depending on the
> outcome you may see the functionality added soon.

That is good. Anyway I started reading your code a little more (maybe
I can write a quick-and-dirty-version for clisp in the meantime). What
I actually didnt find was any place where the routines like
listen-for-connections, etc., are really called, i.e. I cannot find
any server-loop. However, I also cannot test your Code - seems like I
am to stupid to understand this Trac-Thingy... (How) can I
download/checkout/whatever the Code for hunchentoot from this server?

Thank you (and sorry for that stupid question)

Christoph