[hunchentoot-devel] Encoding issues in auhtorization header

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Tue May 20 06:45:46 UTC 2008

On Mon, 19 May 2008 21:43:24 +0200, Christian Haselbach <ch at mr-co.de> wrote:

> I tried it and called it cl-rf2047 and can be found at
> http://mr-co.de/projects/cl-rfc2047/

I haven't looked at everything in detail, but it looks good at first
sight.

One comment: I'd make the two regular expression variables constants
and I'd replace the expression

  (string+ *decoded-line-regexp* "(" *crlfsp* *decoded-line-regexp* ")*")

with

  #.(string+ +decoded-line-regexp+ "(" +crlfsp+ +decoded-line-regexp+ ")*")

(You'll have to wrap the definition of STRING+ with EVAL-WHEN if you
want to keep everything in one file.)

> Though, I guess you do not want to add such a young library from
> someone with limited common lisp experience to the project's
> dependencies.

As I said in a previous reply, even Mozilla (which I think is one of
the more standards-compliant browsers) doesn't seem to use RFC 2047,
so it probably doesn't make much sense to make this an integral part
of Hunchentoot (not to mention that it's easy to add if you need it),
but I'll add a link to the website (and to Drakma's as well).

Thanks,
Edi.