[hunchentoot-devel] Re: Current development

Bob Hutchison hutch-lists at recursive.ca
Sat Jun 14 17:48:35 UTC 2008

On 14-Jun-08, at 12:53 PM, Edi Weitz wrote:

> On Sat, 14 Jun 2008 11:11:52 -0400, Bob Hutchison <hutch-lists at recursive.ca
> > wrote:
>
>> My limited understanding of what they are doing
>
> With "they" you mean Apache?

No, I meant every server/group/person who is trying to do something
like comet. That includes Apache, or possibly some groups contributing
modules to Apache, or both.

>> does HT handle keep-alive?
>
> Yes.

I'm not sure what all Lars needs here, but it at a first pass, if you
keep those sockets alive and name them and so allowing some
independent thread or event handler to find the socket and use it
again... Well, as I said, I don't know what Lars needs, but I think I
could do some fun stuff with that capability.

Cheers,
Bob