[hunchentoot-devel] Patches in the Hunchentoot Debian package

Luca Capello luca at pca.it
Tue Jun 10 22:12:03 UTC 2008

Hi all!

Please Cc: me, I'm not subscribed to the list and I'm posting from
Gmane.

The Debian package for Hunchentoot lacks three files because of
licensing issues:

- doc/hunchentoot.gif (as well as test/favicon.ico), because CC
    Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-by-sa) is considered non-free by Debian
    (see http://people.debian.org/~evan/ccsummary.html)

  FWIW, version 3.0 of the same license would be acceptable:

    http://wiki.debian.org/DFSGLicenses

- test/fz.jpg, since it misses any license bits

I didn't write to ask for a license change, but to inform you that the
included patches have been applied to the Debian package to cope with
these two problems:

- 01_replace-nonfree-logo-in-documentation.patch, the logo have been
  replaced by the word "[logo]" to preserve the link in doc/index.html

- 02_remove-nonfree-favicon-from-test-file.patch, any reference to the
  favicon has been simply removed

- 03_replace-Frank-Zappa-picture-in-test-file.patch, fz.jpg has been
  replaced by the Debian swirl logo (which should be present in all
  Debian installations).

FWIW, the Debian package is maintained in a git repository at:

  http://git.debian.org/?p=pkg-common-lisp/hunchentoot.git;a=summary

Thx, bye,
Gismo / Luca