[hunchentoot-devel] Re: session shearing question

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Wed Jan 16 17:20:12 UTC 2008

On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 10:18:23 +0100, "Andrea Chiumenti" <kiuma72 at gmail.com> wrote:

> The behavior in url-rewriting is that, when switching from realm1 to
> realm2 the session is reset in realm2: this means (setf *session*
> nil) and (setf (session request) nil).
>
> So this will make to create a new session for realm2 but it will
> maintain the session for realm1.  Navigating inside the same realm
> maintains the session.

That means that switching realms without cookies will be different
from switching realms with cookies?  Hmm, not good.

> Please let me know, because I need these info to proceed with my
> project.

I'm not really convinced yet that this is really a useful addition for
Hunchentoot.  Also, don't having much time to think about this, are
you really sure this can't be done with the current session framework
without the need to patch Hunchentoot or to write your own session
code?

Anyway, if you need this for your own projects, don't wait for me, but
rather write code that doesn't depend on a patched Hunchentoot.  I'm
too busy right now to make any promises about updates or patches.

Edi.