[hunchentoot-devel] hunchentoot and virtual hosts.

Jeff Cunningham jeffrey at cunningham.net
Tue Jan 8 15:09:49 UTC 2008

Nicolas Lamirault wrote:
> hello.
> I've got a  web project which have differents  environment : dev, test
> and prod.
> i've  got 3 web  site :  http://localhost:8888, http://localhost:8989,
> and http://localhost:9090 for theses environments.
> i would like to make 3 virtual hosts using apache+modlisp+hunchentoot
> i modify httpd.conf life this :
>

> <VirtualHost *:80>
> 	ServerName dev.myfoo.org
> 	LispServer 127.0.0.1 8888 "DevFoo"
> 	SetHandler lisp-handler
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
> 	ServerName test.myfoo.org
> 	 LispServer 127.0.0.1 8989 "TestFoo"
> 	 SetHandler lisp-handler
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
> 	ServerName myfoo.org
> 	LispServer 127.0.0.1 9090 "ProdFoo"
> 	SetHandler lisp-handler
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost _default_:80>
> 	DocumentRoot /var/www/
> </VirtualHost>
>
> i start the PROD web site with :
>
> hunchentoot:start-server :port 9090 :mod-lisp-p t
>
> i try http://www.myfoo.org, but i've got not response.
> anyone understand where is my mistake on this configuration ?
>
> thanks for any help

I don't think you can have three virtual hosts listening to the same
port 80. Apache is just listening on port 80 - it doesn't know about the
domain name differences that got stuff mapped their. Try changing  the
Apache ports to be distinct and it should work.

Also, I am assuming you either have DNS servers pointing myfoo.org to
the hosting machine? Or /etc/hosts or something?

--Jeff