[hunchentoot-devel] how much virtual memory do your servers use?

Yoni Rabkin yoni at rabkins.net
Sat Jan 5 21:43:54 UTC 2008

Jeff Cunningham <jeffrey at cunningham.net> writes:

> When I run it on one of these images it says its using 162m of dynamic
> space, but at the same time top says its using 690m of virtual
> memory. Room doesn't seem to keep track of its virtual memory
> footprint?

No need really. I think that the amount of dynamic memory *reserved* is
platform dependent. You can set it as a runtime option if you want. I've
never had to do this.

"M-x woman sbcl" tells me:

	--dynamic-space-size <megabytes>
	   Size  of  the  dynamic   space  reserved  on  startup  in
	   megabytes. Default value is platform dependent.

Also, note that this is no long a Hunchentoot related thread.