[hunchentoot-devel] Setting up hunchentoot, WARNING about thread support

Wout Perquin wout.perquin at skynet.be
Sat Feb 23 15:46:05 UTC 2008

I copy from http://weitz.de/hunchentoot/
Hunchentoot talks with its front-end or with the client over TCP/IP sockets
and uses multiprocessing to handle several requests at the same time.
Therefore, it cannot be implemented completely in portable Common Lisp. It
currently works with LispWorks (which is the main development and testing
platform), CMUCL (with MP support), SBCL (with Unicode and thread support),
OpenMCL, and Allegro Common Lisp.

My understanding of the above is that you have to install threads to run a
web server.  I run CMUCL (with MP support) which works fine apart from SSL
:(

Cheers
-Wout