[hunchentoot-devel] Server sporadically hanging

Jeff Cunningham jeffrey at cunningham.net
Wed Feb 20 17:13:01 UTC 2008

Robert Synnott wrote:
> Google will also let you rate limit the naughty GoogleBot using their
> Webmaster Tools thing.
>
> Do individual requests do anything particularly computationally
> intensive? Is Hunchentoot just hanging doing nothing, or is it using
> the CPU? If SBCL, have you a moderately recent version? (Old ones had
> fun interesting nasty threading issues.)
> Rob
> __________________
Yes, I know about the webmaster tools thing - it looks like they're hit
rate is a page every twenty seconds or so when they are going through
the site. It ought to be able to handle that.

Hunchentoot is hanging with the cpu hammered at 99-100%, like its in an
infinite loop. And, no, nothing in the page generation should cause it
to do more than blink. These pages are very simple text with a few
embedded images.

My sbcl is pretty late model: 1.0.14 from sources. But I've noticed this
same problem on a commercial site a couple times where I'm running 1.0.12.

--Jeff