[hunchentoot-devel] Finding out if we're multithreaded

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Fri Feb 15 21:12:53 UTC 2008

On Fri, 15 Feb 2008 15:37:53 -0500, "Vyacheslav Akhmechet" <coffeemug at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there an easy way to find out of Hunchentoot is using threads to
> handle requests? I'd like to issue a warning on single threaded
> systems, and I'm wondering if there is a unified way to get this
> information.

As a general rule, Hunchentoot should only be used in a multi-threaded
Lisp... :)

Some users convinced me to support Lisps without MP, but this is only
for testing purposes and is frowned upon.  The two possibilities I'm
aware of are:

- SBCL on some platforms; in this case Hunchentoot will issue a
  warning anyway.  (See top of port-sbcl.lisp.)

- CLISP; this Lisp doesn't have MP at all.

Edi.