[hunchentoot-devel] mod_lisp anyone?

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Wed Apr 9 10:22:46 UTC 2008

On Wed, 9 Apr 2008 12:11:45 +0200, "Hans Hübner" <hans at huebner.org> wrote:

> Removing the mod_lisp code would make overall refactoring easier, as
> the mod_lisp decisions are spread all over the code.  [...]
> Presently I am primarily looking for ways to simplify the code in
> order to make it easier to change and extend.

Which is something I heartily support.  There are a lot of things I'd
like to change (but don't have the time for right now) and whenever I
look at Hunchentoot's code for more than a few seconds I'm driven to
tears by how ugly it is.  Lots of this is due to it growing
"organically" from being a thin CMUCL layer on top of mod_lisp
(ca. 2001/2002) to what it is now, and some of the "design" decisions
which probably should be revisited can only be revoked if we're
willing to sacrifice a bit of backwards compatibility here and there.