[hunchentoot-devel] clisp port

Anton Vodonosov avodonosov at yandex.ru
Sun Dec 23 23:46:40 UTC 2007

Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> writes:

> Hi Anton,
>
> On Fri, 21 Dec 2007 07:02:31 +0200, Anton Vodonosov <avodonosov at yandex.ru> wrote:
>
>> Attached is the adjustment of the clisp port suggested by Luis
>> Oliveira [...] Edi, is it possible to commit it?
>
> that's fine with me in principle although I won't be able to test new
> features against CLISP.
I've tested it and if you incorporate it into new release I'll retest it
on Windows and linux.
> However, several of the functions in the
> patch don't have documentation strings, and the HTML documentation
> should be updated in such a way that it at least mentions the CLISP
> port.
>
>   http://weitz.de/patches.html
Yes, indeed, I've sent something raw, sorry. Please, check the new
version attached.

>> I've dropped clisp-serve-event because didn't find it useful.
>
> Could you elaborate on this?

Original patch by Luis Oliveira added support for both clisp
and single threaded sbcl. Some common places were taken into
little framework intended to be a basis for single-threaded
lisp ports. SBCL version was based on sbcl's serve-event
supprt. For clisp there was an emulation of serve-event - endless
loop that checks all registered socket handles and if socket
is "ready", handler function associated with socket is called.
I.e. clisp serve-event was needed to make sbcl and clisp code
compatible. As current sbcl code doesn't use serve-event,
it doesn't make sense to keep serve-event emulation for clisp.

Best regards
-Anton