[hunchentoot-devel] Handling Lisp errors.

Pierre THIERRY nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org
Tue Apr 17 10:18:14 UTC 2007

Scribit Victor Kryukov dies 15/04/2007 hora 19:03:
> SBCL don't provide thread properties, so my first solution[1] was to
> create a hash-table and to assign each thread a connection, to check
> from every thread whether it already has a connection, and then to
> clean that hash-table periodically, closing connections for dead
> threads.

Now that I'm used to Lisp's first-class everything, I'd rather mimic it
everywhere. For example, you could create a custom thread object whose
creation not only starts a thread but takes care of creating a DB
connection (or taking it out of a pool) and making it accessible in the
thread, probably with a dynamic variable...

Quickly,
Pierre
nowhere.man at levallois.eu.org
OpenPGP 0xD9D50D8A