[hunchentoot-devel] *http-error-handler* on IE 7.0 (http code 500)

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Tue Apr 10 15:00:20 UTC 2007

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 09:54:39 -0400, "Andrei Stebakov" <lispercat at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I use the *http-error-handler* it works fine on Firefox
> displaying my message and doing some extra job. On IE it says "Can
> not display page" and shows the HTTP 500 code. I guess I need to
> filter out the http status code 500 and replace it for status ok
> somewhere.

There's a better way to deal with this:

    Microsoft Internet Explorer (MSIE) will by default ignore
    server-generated error messages when they are "too small" and
    substitute its own "friendly" error messages.  The size threshold
    varies depending on the type of error, but in general, if you make
    your error document greater than 512 bytes, then MSIE will show
    the server-generated error rather than masking it.

  http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q294807
  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/core.html#errordocument