[hunchentoot-devel] Different speed loading images from static apache and hunchentoot handler

Bob Hutchison hutch at recursive.ca
Tue Apr 3 14:56:27 UTC 2007

On 3-Apr-07, at 9:31 AM, Andrei Stebakov wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> Could you advise how would I "go straight at the hunchentoot server"?

You'll have something like:

     ProxyPass /cphandler/ http://localhost:4321/cphandler/
     ProxyPassReverse /cphandler/ http://localhost:4321/cphandler/

in your httpd config file.

Just point your browser at whatever corresponds to http://localhost:
4321/cphandler/

If you are running on a different machine than the server you'll have
to temporarily open whatever port you are using (and based on the
description of your server below, I'm guessing you *are* running on a
different machine (if you aren't then it is definitely time for an
upgrade :-))

> Also I have a feeling that the more I call the images from the
> server the
> slower it gets.

I pretty sure I've not seen this before.

> I even removed (no-chache) option from the page generation
> so I thought that having images in caches would speed it up. In
> this context
> I think what Edi says about Hunchentoot switching contexts with
> Apache while
> page generation makes sense. My server is PIII 600 MHz, maybe it's
> time to
> upgrade it.

it should still be sufficient for a website.

Cheers,
Bob