[tbnl-devel] send-headers and slow page generation

Yannick Gingras ygingras at ygingras.net
Sun May 14 20:17:26 UTC 2006

Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> writes:

>> I know when I finished to generate the fast content, is there a way
>> to pack and send a mod_lisp chunk?  Something like FINISH-OUTPUT
>> would be great.
>
> I don't think so.  You'll have to modify mod_lisp to get what you
> want.  See the function FlushLispBuffSocket.

A quick look at mod_lisp2 (no FlushLispBuffSocket there) tells me that
the buffer size is 4096.  If I print at least that much between sleeps
I have the desired result: the browser receives a part of the page
then waits for the rest.  For now I think I will just lower the
mod_lips2 buffer size, maybe something like 512 or 1024.  That should
be enough since the interesting part of the pages will be at least
that big and its ok to wait until you have a reasonable chunk of page
to show.

Thanks for the pointers!

--
Yannick Gingras