[tbnl-devel] Re: [Lispweb] tbnl: what package?

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Fri Feb 10 12:03:18 UTC 2006

[This is probably better asked on the TBNL mailing list.]

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 21:15:19 +1000, Igor Plekhov <penguin at ocean.vvo.ru> wrote:

> In TBNL some functions are created to handle incoming requests.

Functions are created?  You're talking about your own handlers or
something else?

> What package are they executed in?  I.e. what package *PACKAGE* is
> bound to?  How can I control it?

In your own functions you can rebind *PACKAGE* to your liking.

  (let ((*package* (my-function)))
    ;; do something
    )

For existing TBNL functions the package shouldn't matter with the
exception of READ-FROM-STRING* the behaviour of which is documented:

  <http://weitz.de/tbnl/#read-from-string*>

Does that answer your question or am I misunderstanding?