[tbnl-devel] startup-idle-and-top-level-loops

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Tue Oct 11 07:36:45 UTC 2005

On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:07:45 -0400, Adam Thorsen <adam.thorsen at gmail.com> wrote:

> In order to keep CMUCL from freezing randomly when using TBNL, I need
> to run this:
> (mp::startup-idle-and-top-level-loops)
>
> However, this function does not return.  How/when should I call this
> function?

On production servers where I run TBNL/CMUCL from the console (via
detachtty) I have this at the very end of my ~/.cmucl-init.  There are
issues with SLIME, though, so I don't do this on development machines.

I think this is something the CMUCL developers should eventually sort
out somehow... :)

Cheers,
Edi.