[tbnl-devel] Unicode Parameters in OpenMCL

Timothy Bennett timothy.s.bennett at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 07:46:30 UTC 2005

I have come up with a small way to read and correctly display form
data with non-ascii characters in OpenMCL, which does not support
Unicode.  Or at least, I think I have.  There may be good reason not
to do things this way - someone let me know if that is the case.

First, I redefined escape-for-html so that it would return NIL if its
parameter was NIL instead of generating an error.  Then I just used
escape-for-html instead of escape-string-all when displaying the
parameter (I was just playing around with the tests that came with
TBNL here).

My question is this: are there problems that can arise with the use
of escape-for-html that escape-string-all avoids?  If not, then I'll
just be using this.

Tim Bennett