[tbnl-devel] PATH_INFO

Peter BARABAS peter.barabas at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 09:04:26 UTC 2005

On 10/6/05, Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 20:17:55 +0200, Peter BARABAS <peter.barabas at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > As far as I know they are different things. If PATH_INFO exists, it's
> > the next after SCRIPT_NAME. It's something like:
> > http://www.unknown.net/script.cgi/path_info.
>
> OK, I've googled around a bit and to me it looks like PATH_INFO only
> makes sense for file-based web services.  How would you define the
> value of PATH_INFO for an arbitrary TBNL request?

I don't know if it makes sense, but I'd treat the prefix dispatch part
as SCRIPT_NAME and everything after it as PATH_INFO. E.g. in
http://www.something.net/authors/Kurt_Vonnegut "/authors/" would be
the SCRIPT_NAME and "Kurt_Vonnegut" the PATH_INFO. Again, this might
be non-sense.

--
'(Yours parenthetically),
peter barabas.