[tbnl-devel] Firefox

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Tue Oct 4 18:40:56 UTC 2005

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 03:26:11 +0200, Edi Weitz <edi at agharta.de> wrote:

> I've just experimented with this myself a little bit and I have to
> admit that TBNL on LispWorks does indeed seem to "leak" memory in
> that the size of the LW application grows continuously without
> shrinking again - on Linux as well as on Windows.  It turns out that
> a lot of this is due to the external format code I introduced in
> 0.8.0 which uses the FLI.  In particular, there's a call to
> SYS:IN-STATIC-AREA in there which I guess is the culprit.

Yes, that /was/ the culprit.  It turns out this is a bug in LW
which'll be fixed soon:

  <http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.lispworks.general/4604>

Until then there's no immediate solution other than using undocumented
functions like ENCODE-LISP-STRING which don't work well with delivery.

Cheers,
Edi.