[tbnl-devel] Re: New version 0.4.0

Bob Hutchison hutch at recursive.ca
Wed Mar 16 12:23:42 UTC 2005

On Mar 15, 2005, at 10:48 AM, Edi Weitz wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 16:31:17 +0100, "Marc Battyani"
> <marc.battyani at fractalconcept.com> wrote:
>
>> Heh! Maybe "borrowing" is more politically correct than "stealing"
>> ;-)
>
> Hehe... :)
>
>> As long as the copyright is left it should be OK IMO.  (I've put
>> iterate in cl-pdf and I will probably put Zach Beane's zlib in it as
>> well)
>
> Yes, I already wanted to mention that lib to you.  One more step
> towards the "get rid of all FFI calls" direction... :)

Actually, I wanted to mention that library to *you* Edi. What do you
think about supporting gzip (and/or deflate) encoding? I was going to
add it to TBNL -- the application I am working on used to be in Java
and gzip encoding had an enormous (positive) impact on performance. If
somebody else is already doing this then I won't worry about it.

Marc, what happens with mod_lisp if an gzip encoded body is returned? I
think you must just pass it along, but that part is written in C and,
well, I'd rather ask than look for myself :-)

Cheers,
Bob

----
Bob Hutchison          -- blogs at <http://www.recursive.ca/hutch/>