[tbnl-devel] Re: New version 0.4.0

Bob Hutchison hutch at recursive.ca
Tue Mar 15 16:34:44 UTC 2005

On Mar 15, 2005, at 10:11 AM, Edi Weitz wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 07:56:35 -0500, Bob Hutchison <hutch at recursive.ca>
> wrote:
>
>> Other than it uses the daemon.lisp code from Araneida to parse
>> headers on the way in, it does not need Araneida. I had considered
>> writing an HTTP header parser specifically for TBNL but I thought
>> that modifying the daemon.lisp code would be quicker. It isn't hard
>> writing HTTP header parsers, you only have to watch for multi-line
>> headers.
>>
>> I had to modify TBNL to write HTTP headers on the way out in order
>> to make it work with Araneida as a front end. So, saying this
>> explicitly, TBNL is writing the HTTP response directly to the
>> socket. (Though I have not tested this with redirect or
>> require-authorization -- I had modified send-output and
>> write-header-line to accomplish this).
>
> OK, thanks for the info.  I'll try to do some more tests and add more
> documentation about this feature.
>
>> I didn't do anything about logging for either the stand-alone or
>> with-araneida versions.
>
> Maybe we should address this in one of the future releases.  Kind of
> embarassing if you send your logging data back to the client as a
> header... :)

Yes, I agree :-)

>> The next logical step is to write an HTTP header parser for TBNL (or
>> negotiate with the Araneida folks to use their code).
>
> Can't we just steal it?  Araneida also has a BSD license.

I've just written a little parser that I am trying out. What format do
you expect the header 'keys' to be in? Araneida has them as symbols, I
think TBNL wants strings... what about case sensitivity?

Cheers,
Bob

----
Bob Hutchison          -- blogs at <http://www.recursive.ca/hutch/>