[tbnl-devel] Running TBNL Standalone

Bob Hutchison hutch at recursive.ca
Sun Mar 13 15:32:44 UTC 2005

On Mar 12, 2005, at 3:50 AM, Edi Weitz wrote:

>> I'm going to download the most recent version of TBNL and integrate
>> changes into that. There are not many and perhaps I can avoid them
>> all. I'll get this cleaned up and then make it available.
>
> Thanks.  If you send patches it'd be very nice if you could also add a
> section to the docs which explains how to set up TBNL with Araneida.

So. I was thinking. What if somebody didn't want to use Araneida, just
TBNL?

It turns out that with a relatively straight forward re-organisation of
Araneida's daemon.lisp code that *simultaneous* support for:

   * browser->apache->mod_lisp->tbnl
   * browser->apache->araneida
   * browser->apache->araneida->tbnl
   * browser->araneida
   * browser->araneida->tbnl
   * browser->tbnl

are all possible if you get your port numbers right.

There's a little problem though. The browser->tbnl support isn't
behaving properly. It serves the pages fine, but the memory use is
growing monotonically. Something is not being released. I'm not sure
what. Maybe the socket isn't closed? The number of processes remains
small (actually only one in TBNL, a few in aranedia).

Any ideas? If not, I'll try to work out what is happening. I may post
the patches with this problem still there.

I have a small test of the setup. I'll include that in the test
directory (I still have to clean it up a bit).

I'll try to post the patches to TBNL and Araneida later today.

Cheers,
Bob

----
Bob Hutchison          -- blogs at <http://www.recursive.ca/hutch/>