[tbnl-devel] Problem with file uploads

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Sat Mar 12 08:48:04 UTC 2005

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 22:03:10 +0100, Aurelio Bignoli <tbnl at bignoli.it> wrote:

> I had the same problem trying to upload a 23MB TIFF file to a
> PIII/733MHz server running Linux, Apache 1.3 and CMUCL. The cause
> was the "excessive" speed of Apache: the Lisp server is not so fast
> in handling POST body, its socket buffer is filled up by mod_lisp,
> which gets a write error and closes the connection.

I wonder why I haven't seen this when I tested with large (>100MB)
files on my machine - see previous posting.  I tested with server and
client on the same machine so the speed should have been high enough.

My combination was LW/WinXP/Apache2 so your results /might/ show
problems specific to CMUCL or to Linux or to Apache 1.x...

Cheers,
Edi.