[tbnl-devel] a problem while installing..

Jason Wang randomtalk at gmail.com
Sun Mar 6 03:31:08 UTC 2005

hi.... i looked through the test program, understand most of it :D
mmm.. however, i am still hopelessly lost when trying to write a
simple program, prob just my new experience with lisp, but, is there
any tutorials online that'll bring you through the construction of a
simple lisp web application?

i donno if allegroserve is almost the same as tbnl + apache, but i
read alot of stuff about it in Practical Common Lisp.. However, i
can't seem to get allegroserve to work for me..

i'm running the following packages for lisp web applications:

cl-base64-3.3.1
cl-ppcre-1.2.1
cl-who-0.4.4
kmrcl-1.78
md5-1.8.5
tbnl-0.3.10
url-rewrite

i've read about uncommon web, don't quite get what's good about it :|

and considers to use clsql for database (since i have been using mysql
for 2 years, thought wouldn't be too hard to transfer my knowledge..),
though reading Paul Graham's book, he said we should be just using
flat files to store infomation..  i've went on   <http://bknr.net/>
multiple times, though i don't get what they are doing.. mmm.. you
told me to google for alternative ways of persisting data, though i
tried multiple terms, turned up with not much helpful results, terms
have tried "lisp web applications", "lisp + persist data", "lisp + web
+ data"... what terms do you suggest?

thanks alot for your help :D
--
www.programer.name - my own personal blog : )