[tbnl-devel] TBNL on Darwin/MacOS X with SBCL/OpenMCL

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Mon Nov 8 19:43:59 UTC 2004

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 19:13:10 +0000, ocorrain at yahoo.com (Tiarnán Ó Corráin) wrote:

> does TBNL work on MacOS X with either SBCL or OpenMCL? I'm using
> mod_lisp 2.38 and Apache 1.3.31.

Frankly - I don't know. I'd suggest that you first try mod_lisp with
Apache alone, i.e. without TBNL. You should be able to modify the
example code from the mod_lisp website or ask on the OpenMCL or SBCL
mailing lists. If that works then it's probably due to KMRCL because
I'm pretty sure that the rest of TBNL doesn't contain
implementation-specific code.

> However, requests to the tbnl-test pages hang randomly, and
> sometimes I get the rather scary:
>
> [Mon Nov  8 18:48:53 2004] [error] [TBNL] illegal instruction at
> #X406C4FA8

With OpenMCL or with SBCL? Which version? Also, do you know that you
can set tbnl:*show-lisp-errors-p* and tbnl:*show-lisp-backtraces-p*
both to T to see more specific error messages?

I'll try to help if you can provide more details. Unfortunately I
don't have a Mac to test against.

Cheers,
Edi.