[tbnl-devel] Re: Suggestion for a possible TBNL improvement

Edi Weitz edi at agharta.de
Thu Aug 19 18:14:19 UTC 2004

Hi!

On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 16:02:14 +0200, Massimiliano Campagnoli <maxi at paoloastori.com> wrote:

> first of all thank you for providing to the lisp community such a
> useful utility.
>
> I would like to propose the following improvement.
>
> create-prefix-dispatcher prefix handler => dispatch-fn
>
> is a useful function for returning a dispatcher-fn that will return
> an handler whenever the part of the requested URI starts with prefix
>
> But what about form data ?  Would'nt be nice to have something like
>
> create-input-form-dispatcher parameter value handler => dispatch-fn
>
> for returning a dispatch-fn that will return an handler whenever a
> given post/get-paramter has the value value ?
>
> This function would be particularly useful in processing form data
> such as submit button etc.

I cannot see how this would be immediately useful - I at least don't
write web applications that dispatch to different handlers based on
the supplied parameters. However, it shouldn't be hard to write this
function yourself. Other opinions?

Please use the mailing list (see Cc) for further discussion of this
topic. Thanks.

Cheers,
Edi.